Because friends and clients are always asking,
How did you learn that? or How did you come to that philosophy?
I am sharing some of the books which have influenced me.
Reading is foreplay to an orgasm.
Reading is the cultivation of fertile ground in preparation for a crop of heavy and bountiful fruit.
Without reading, your mind becomes as the body of a morbidly obese person that does not have the faculties to move their form effectively.
In addition to books, I have had experiences at Gwinganna Health Retreat on the Gold Coast Australia, participated in The Curriculum for Living through Landmark Worldwide, participated in formal coaching education, Cognitive Behaviour Training and become a Hypnotherapist and Lomi Lomi practitioner. Learning does not stop. Part of living and Love is expanded growth. I also wholeheartedly recommend the Fundamentals of Transaction through Influence Ecology for ambitious business owners and executive decision makers. If you have a coaching practice or coaching functions within your business, the I-CQ program through WBECS is an absolute gold mine.
As a disclaimer, your experience with these books will not be the same as mine. Enjoy the ride and be curious about how you can apply what you learn and share with others.
The following list is not complete and I expect to share more as I make time to document all the books I have consumed from my expansive library. I welcome your feedback on any of these books, other books you would like to see on the list and suggestions for those which have made a difference to you. Reading and learning is a small part of your life experience. What is exhilarating is how you apply and share what you absorb.
Before sharing the ‘list’ here are a few habits you may want to take on as part of a daily way of being that can support you in having any experience you choose in life.
Those who experience and manifest their desires in a tangible reality always leverage these seven simple daily #habits:
- Manifestors READ incessantly on the subjects and issues relevant to their interests.
(List the 5 books you can read over the next 4 weeks.)
- Manifestors ASSOCIATE with others who are up to big things and take a stand. They especially congregate with those who have produced results in the areas they have interest. Manifestors associate with those who are supportive. They do not allow toxic behaviours of others to take up their time.
(List the top 5 people you will now spend most of your time with.)
- High Performing Manifestors take time going to SEMINARS and other training events that increase their interests and furthers their knowledge in areas that make the most profound difference to their commitments. Birds of a feather flock together.
(List the next 5 training events you will attend in the next 12 months.)
- Appreciative, Joyful Manifestors have an Accountability Champion and or COACH who they interact with regularly. An effective advocate and or coach doesn't tell you what you want to hear. They share what you need and allow you to create your bliss.
(Identify 5 people whom you perceive could be an effective advocate and or coach for you.)
- Those who are rich in spirit continually FEED their SOUL by listening to and watching messages (CDs and DVDs) that enable them to focus on their purpose. As an example, rather than watching network television all night, you may choose to watch a motivational DVD of one of your favourite speakers and or listen to an inspirational CD in the car.
(List 5 resources you will absorb over the next 3 weeks. You are welcome to select from the list below)
- To manifest the greatness you think and feel about, you also may wish to have WRITTEN GOALS that you refer to frequently during the day and use as a road map for your daily living. Written goals put the #WOW and amazing into an explosive life of bliss. It is advisable you never go anywhere without a roadmap.
(Complete your written goals.)
- To develop Mastery, MODEL others who are enjoying the fruits you would like to partake of. You do not have to reinvent the wheel. Someone has already done it, so you can cut down your learning time and exercise the #wisdom of those who have gone before you.
(List 5 people whom you will model and how.)
- The Law of Attraction - Esther and Jerry Hicks
- Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness - Esther and Jerry Hicks
- The Amazing Development of Men, Expanded 2nd Edition: Every Man's Journey from Knight to Prince to King - Alison Armstrong
- Understanding Women, Unlock the Mystery - Alison Armstrong
- The Power of Storytelling: Captivate, Convince, or Convert Any Business Audience Using Stories from Top CEOs - Jim Holtje
- Fanatical Prospecting - Jeb Blount
- In Sync with the Opposite Sex: Understand the Conflicts, End the Confusion, Make the Right Choices - Alison Armstrong (Audio)
- Go-Givers Sell More - Bob Burg, John David Mann
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action - Simon Sinek
- The Power of Story: Rewrite Your Destiny in Business and in Life - Jim Loehr
- Tell to Win - Peter Guber
- The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People - Stephen Covey
- Blink - Malcolm Gladwell
- The Science of Being - Eugene A Fersen
- The Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell
- The Brain that Changes Itself - Norman Doidge
- The Male Brain - Louann Brizendine
- The Female Brain - Louann Brizendine
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion - Robert B. Cialdini
- Secrets of Female Entrepreneurs Exposed - Dale Beaumont
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us - Seth Godin
- Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell
- Hypnosis, A Comprehensive Guide - Tad James
- You Can Heal Your Life - Louise L. Hay
- Wired to Care: How Companies Prosper When They Create Widespread Empathy - Dev Patnaik
- High Trust Selling - Todd Duncan
- Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps - Allan & Barbara Pease
- Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway - Susan Jeffers
- The Heart of Love, How to Go Beyond Fantasy to Find True Relationship Fulfillment - Dr. John F. Demartini
- The Science of Getting Rich - Wallace Wattles
- The Science of Being Great - Wallace Wattles
- The Science of Being Well - Wallace Wattles
- How to Get What You Want - Wallace Wattles
- A New Christ - Wallace Wattles
- Jesus, The Man and His Work - Wallace Wattles
- The 16 Laws of Success - Napolean Hill
- Think and Grow Rich - Napolean Hill
- The Irresistible Offer - Mark Joyner
- The One Minute Millionaire - Mark Victor Hansen & Robert G. Allen
- Ikigai, The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life - Hector Garcia and Francesc Miralles
- The Three Laws of Performance - Steve Zaffron
- The Secret of the Ages - Robert Collier
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More - Perry Marshall
- The Prophet - Alfred A. Knopf
- Instant Confidence - Paul McKenna
- Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One - Dr. Joe Dispenza
- The Four Hour Body - Timothy Ferriss
- The Abundance Book - John Randolph Price
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results - Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Tribal Leadership - Dave Logan and John King
- Urban Shaman - Serge Kahili King
- The Master Key System - Charles Haanel
- Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus - John Gray
- Thorsons Way of NLP - Joseph O'Connor and Ian McDermott
- The Hero's 2 Journeys - Michael Hauge and Christopher Vogler
- 5 Love Languages - Gary Chapman
- The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle
- The Four Agreements - Don Miguel Ruiz
- Love is the Killer App, How to Win Business and Influence Friends - Tim Sanders
- From Good to Great - Jim Collins
- How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
- The Definitive Book of Body Language - Allan & Barbara Pease
- The Big Small: Small Changes That Spark Big Influences - Steve J. Martin, Robert Cialdini, Noah Goldstein
- Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Creating a Mass Movement of People Who Will Pay for Your Advice - Russell Brunson
- Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars - Richard K. Bernstein and Matt Kugler
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen - Donald Miller
- The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism - Olivia Fox Cabane
- The Selfish Gene - Richard Dawkins
- Bible - (multiple authors)
I usually purchase the book, read it and then download the audiobook and listen to it.
That way it is embedded.
When I read it a second time, I then share and teach what I have learned with others. Find your joy in expanding your mind and reading. There is a whole universe awaiting your exploration.
Share in the comment section below about books that have made a difference to you and why.